Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Adventures in Scrapbooking...

If you're a cardmaker do you ever have people referring to you as a "scrapbooker"? What is that all about? Do they automatically assume since you work with stamps and paper that you are a scrapbooker? When people try to make conversation about my hobby, they shoot right to the first person who they know who scrapbooks. Right...like I had a single page done anywhere in my house. I know it is simply their way of making a relationship to what I do but I get it ALL the time. For the past four years I have been trying to force myself to scrapbook. What was it that I disliked so much? The format, the idea of organizing it all...a little of both I suppose.

For the sake of preserving our family memories, I decided to take the bull by the horns and just do it. To be honest, I have been noodling around with scrapbooking for a couple of years with no results that I was proud enough to post . I joined a scrapbook goal challenge at SCS with a goal of finishing 10 scrapbook pages in the month of September in order to spend $3o in fun papercrafting supplies. Fortunately, I have already met my goal for the month, but unfortunately I spent $14 on supplies before I was done and am back at zero. I suppose that could be a positive motivator to really dive into those photos for another 10 pages.

My scrapbook pages are very basic. Almost utilitarian. I am sure with time I will implement more intricate designs and use better sketches. Right now I am simply giving it a go. I can't say that I dislike but I don't know if I love it. The verdict is out.

This simple page is an 8X8 of my son's cousins, which was taken this summer while I was in grad school. Additional pages can be found in scrapbook album at SCS.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails