Monday, April 14, 2014

Playing Around with Distress Markers

I'm not really sure why, but I get really excited about a certain medium or product, get it and let it lie for about 6+ months. No joke! I did it with the Cricut DH got me for my birthday several years ago, the Cameo I gifted myself as a graduate school gift (lol!) and now these FABULOUS distress watercolor markers and (and distress inks)! (At present, my Fiskar's Fuse is in que!)


Thanks for visiting!


This was challenging. I created a template of the cross from the embossing folder and lightly traced the cross onto the cardstock, then used the watercolor markers to create the background. After drying the background, I lined up the embossing folder with the watercoloring and ran it through my Cuttlebug. For something a little extra, I dabbed the embossed portion with Versamark and dusted on perfect pearls.
Supplies:Embossing Folder (Darice), Watercolor Markers (Tim Holtz), Pearl Powders (Ranger), Versamark, Watercolor Paper


I created the balloons with stitching in my Silhouette software and cut from watercolor paper. I think the only supply that isn't pictured is Ranger embossing powder in liquid platinum. Simple to create several at a time! These were birthday "thank yous" from my son's birthday party.


Supplies: Watercolor paper, Watercolor Markers (Tim Holtz), stamp (Recollections), liquid platinum embossing powder (Ranger)

Supplies: die cuts (Silhouette - I added stitching.), Distress Inks (Tim Holtz), Glossy Accents, gold embossing powder (Ranger)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails