Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Create Your Own DP: Using Heat Embossing & Markers

While I was blog hopping and in the SCS gallery, I noticed lots of coloring on kraft cardstock and heat embossing of white. Kinda the trendy things happening right now as I can tell. What do I know? Anyhow, I thought it would be fun to create a white heat embossed, colored background on kraft cardstock to use as my own designer paper. As mentioned in my video (soon to be uploaded), I have this HUGE container of white embossing powder that, as a newbie about seven years ago, I just had to have. It sat and sat and sat...kinda like Horton on the egg if anyone knows that story. With this project, I actually put a dent into my stash of that!

The stamps are not ones that haven't been inked up before. I adore this set by Samantha Walker and Unity called Decadent Pear. I remember searching for this when it was not available on the Unity site. I am so glad that it keeps getting use. I have a couple other cards posted here using it.

I decided to use the scraps from the first card to create another the second one, which I have NEVER done before. The shopping ban gets better and better!




1 comments:

Gwen said...

LOVE this card! The white embossing on the kraft and then the colors of the flowers look amazing!! Great video!

Related Posts with Thumbnails