Friday, August 05, 2011

FWF Creative Challenge Recap - Week 4

I made it a month! (With only one little indiscretion.) Although, I have been keeping a wishlist since I started my shopping ban. It will be interesting to see what really makes the cut when I do decide to shop again. A few of my faves this week have been:
The Boarding Pass Collection by October Afternoon
Lindy Stamp Gang Products

Here is my creation for the week. A truly "Folk Inspired" card from the Unity set of the same name. This was one of my earlier Unity purchases, which never saw ink until last night. So glad that I tried it out. Also, the first time I used the Washi tape and pulled out some great Papertrey Ink vintage buttons. I really like how this turned out, surprisingly enough. I also posted a video this week, but it was TERRIBLE! Had to use my webcam through You Tube because my craft room is in transition. Ugh! Forgive me!




The winner for this week's drawing is

Jocelyn Olson said...

Both cards are fabulous! The geometric circles are sooooo cool looking. And, the kite card--swoon! Love everything about it.
9:46 PM

Remember -- post a comment here and be entered into a drawing for something from my stash. Get an additional entry by posting a DIRECT LINK to a project you created with items from your personal stash. Check here on my next post for the winner! Email me at shamrockstamper@gmail.com if you see your name posted as a winner!

17 comments:

Kary said...

Hi Morissa! This is a Lovely card with a vintage feel!!

Anne Tussing said...

Cute card! I'm going to have to have a shopping ban, too!! Maybe just keeping the list will keep my happy!?!

Jen M said...

Pretty! Good job on your challenge!

Ruby said...

I like the design of your card.

Anonymous said...

Love the simplicity of this card, its gorgeous

Gwen said...

Cute card and thanks for sharing the video of your creative space!!

ddazzled71 said...

This is fabulous. I really love the image of the folk like stencil and your colours.

Linda said...

That is a pretty card I love the pannels.

stampjourney said...

I love what you did with this set--it's one of my favorites! Great use of the washi tape, too!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Okay, this is too cool! I love the washi tape...I may have to CASE you on that one. Love that Folk stamp...it looks amazing. Yeah for you for keeping to your shopping ban. :)

sharon g said...

I'm going to buy some washi tape. But I need to find some...

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

I picked up my Washi tape on Etsy! Love it!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Congratulations - I need to do the same thing. LOVE your card.

Sarah said...

Love it. I am going to need some of this tape :) Love what you did with it.

Sarah :)
http://sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com

Beejay said...

Great card!

jennifer mitten said...

Beautiful card....I love that Unity set...

Unknown said...

What a great design Morissa...love it! I've been using up my stash...until I got the latest {ippity} stamp in! I'll keep joining in...no more buying! *smile*

Related Posts with Thumbnails